- This event has passed.
Austrian Wine Time Series: Martin Mittelbach, Tegernseerhof, Wachau
May 5 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Included in your registration:
- Sample bottles (50ml ea, 1 sample bottle of the producer’s different wines to be showcased)
- Online Masterclass with the winery spokesperson
- Hosted by a Cork & Fork Logan Team Member
- 20% discount on all featured wines (minimum purchase of 3 bottles)
- Access to the online class, password protected (emailed after registration)
- Sample pack available for pick up after online event registration
- Sample pack available for shipping within the USA for $30 via FedEx
About the Producer:
The Mittelbach family‘s Tegernseerhof, located in Unterloiben, justbelow Dürnstein, boasts a tradition dating back to the year 1002. The original facilities were built in 1176 by the Benedictine community of the Tegernsee Abbey. For centuries, the abbey was where the Bavarian monastery produced its wine. At the turn of the 19th century, it was acquired by the Austrian Empire and later, it went into private ownership. Franz Mittelbach and his wife, Mathilde, are the fifth generation of Tegernseerhof owners.
Since the 1970s, they have been continuously running the Tegernseerhof as a family business. Today, Martin Mittelbach, the son of Franz and Mathilde, is the current part of this history. The Tegernseerhof vineyards flourish on stone terraces whose verdant soil plays host to a rich variety of indigenous fauna. Among the best-known, excellent locations and wines are Bergdistel, Hoehereck and Loibenberg (for Grüner Veltliner) as well as Loibenberg, Steinertal and Kellerberg (for Riesling). Our Estate is a member of the exclusive association “Vinea Wachau”, therefore the vinification follows the strict regulations of the “Codex Wachau“