- This event has passed.
Online Masterclass: Bodega Garzon
November 18 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Bodega Garzon: Maria Magdalena Sosa, Winemaker, Educator
About this Event
Included in your registration:
- Sample bottles (50ml ea, 1 sample bottle of the producer’s different wines to be showcased)
- Online Masterclass with the winery spokesperson
- Hosted by a Cork & Fork Logan Team Member
- 20% discount on all featured wines (minimum purchase of 3 bottles)
- Access to the online class, password protected (emailed after registration)
- Sample pack available for pick up after online event registration
- Sample pack available for delivery for $20 within a 10-mile radius
- Sample pack available for shipping within the USA for $30 via FedEx
– About Bodega Garzón:
Bodega Garzon was founded by international vintner Alejandro P. Bulgheroni. It was named ‘New World Winery of the Year’ in 2018 by Wine Enthusiast Magazine and is the first in the world to achieve LEED silver certification for its entire facility.
Geared toward enhancing biodiversity and blending into the immediate environment, the winery itself is designed as faithful to the land, built from local stone and glass and with sweeping views of vineyards, rolling hills, ponds and fields from where it sits atop a rocky outcrop, tucked into the hills. Fully immersed in this natural environment and surrounded by native forests and palm trees, festival guests carefully cut grapes under the technical instruction of Bodega Garzón’s agricultural engineer Eduardo Félix.
– About Maria Sosa, Winemaker:
Maria studied Agricultural Engineering in Chile and specialized in Viticulture & Oenology. After graduating, Maria delved into studying the health properties of red wine phenolics at the University of California, Davis. Years later, Maria worked in the cellars and became assistant winemaker at Spring Mountain Winery in St. Helena, CA. After returning to Chile, Maria worked as an assistant Winemaker for Viña Santa Carolina, and later became PR Manager for Carolina Wine Brands. Most recently, Maria collaborates with Bodega Garzon from Uruguay (her home country) as an ambassador for wine education. She is based in Seattle, where she hosts the education, support the commercial team with all the tastings, festivals, wine conferences and presentations in US and Canada. Once her kids leave the nest, she would like to spend longer periods of time at Garzon getting more involved with winemaking practices.