- This event has passed.
Online Masterclass: Miquel Torres, Chile
February 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Miguel Torres Chile: Daniel Marquez, USA Manager
About this Event
Included in your registration:
- Sample bottles (50ml ea, 1 sample bottle of the producer’s different wines to be showcased)
- Online Masterclass with the winery spokesperson
- Hosted by a Cork & Fork Logan Team Member
- 20% discount on all featured wines (minimum purchase of 3 bottles)
- Access to the online class, password protected (emailed after registration)
- Sample pack available for pick up after online event registration
- Sample pack available for delivery for $20 within a 10-mile radius
- Sample pack available for shipping within the USA for $30 via FedEx
About the Speaker:
Daniel was born in Seville, Spain, the capital of Andalusia. Seville is the land of the famous flamenco dance, bullfighting, Iberico ham, and was once the center of the European commerce with the Americas. Seville is known for its beauty and is only 40 minutes away from the land of Sherry Wines, Jerez.
After graduating in Advertising and Public Relations from the University Of Wales (UK), Daniel found his first career opportunity abroad in 2007 in Porto Alegre, Brazil. This is where he developed a love for wine, as he traveled extensively through producing regions in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, and Serra Gaucha (Brazil). He also learned to speak fluent Portuguese and became a big fan of churrasco (Brazilian BBQ). He later moved to Miami, FL to pursue his MBA, which he successfully completed at Barry University in 2011.
Prior to joining Familia Torres, Daniel was the Area Sales Manager responsible for USA, Canada and Caribbean for another prestigious Spanish wine group, during his tenure there, he developed new distributors in these markets, worked with key accounts at a regional and national level, and helped distributor partners grow depletions and execute brand building initiatives among other tasks.
About the Producer:
Miguel Torres Chile maintains the cornerstone concepts that have marked its history and production chain: Fair Trade, organic farming, and innovation.
The company has worked to recover traditional varieties almost forgotten in Chile, such as País, Carignan, and Muscat, using small suppliers from rainfed areas. Cord