Alella Vinicola: Xavier Garcia, Owner/Winemaker
May 18 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Included in your registration:
- Sample bottles (50ml ea, 1 sample bottle of the producer’s different wines to be showcased)
- Online Masterclass with the winery spokesperson
- Hosted by a Cork & Fork Logan Team Member
- 20% discount on all featured wines (minimum purchase of 3 bottles)
- Access to the online class, password protected (emailed after registration)
- Sample pack available for pick up after online event registration
- Sample pack available for shipping within the USA for $30 via FedEx
About the Winemaker:
Xavier Garcia is a geologist, agricultural engineer and enologist. He has developed the new wine of the cellar since 2001 and has updated the generous and sweet wines that for decades had been forgotten in the region. He also produces wine in other wine regions and is continuously investigating new studies and products.
About the Winery:
Alella Vinícola is a family winery established in 1906 in the heart of the D.O. Alella, only 15 kilometers away from Barcelona. Alella produces around 90,000 bottles each year of a dozen different wines and we also have several activities related to the world of wine and gastronomy. They have their own restaurant located in the art nouveau winery designed by Jeroni Martorell, disciple of Antoni Gaudí.
Marfil has been the emblematic brand of the cellar since the 20’s, during the 20th century it has been the white wine of Barcelona and exported worldwide.