- This event has passed.
Austrian Wine Time Series: Christine Netzl, Carnuntum
May 13 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Included in your registration:
- Sample bottles (50ml ea, 1 sample bottle of the producer’s different wines to be showcased)
- Online Masterclass with the winery spokesperson
- Hosted by a Cork & Fork Logan Team Member
- 20% discount on all featured wines (minimum purchase of 3 bottles)
- Access to the online class, password protected (emailed after registration)
- Sample pack available for pick up after online event registration
- Sample pack available for shipping within the USA for $30 via FedEx
About the Producer:
Christina Netzl began her path towards natural winemaking as a young girl of 5 years old, working on her family’s farm and vineyard with her parents and grandparents. Her parents later focused the family business solely on grape growing and winemaking, building the winery up to the 28 hectares they operate today in the Carnuntum winemaking region, located just east of Vienna and north of the Neusidler see. Christina studied oenology and wine management in London, getting to know wine styles from all over the world. In 2007, she returned to the winery to work with her parents, and after having two children became passionate about organic viticulture. They began the process of converting everything to organics in 2013 starting with soil treatments and elimination of herbicides, followed by eliminating pesticides and 100% organic vineyard management and then finally organic production in the winery. In 2018 they began the official process of certifying organically. Over the last 10 years working at the winery, Christina has fallen in love with ancient winemaking practices and thus has now launched this natural line of wines.