- This event has passed.
Austrian Wine Time Series: Fritz Miesbauer, Stadt Krems, Kremstal
May 7 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Included in your registration:
- Sample bottles (50ml ea, 1 sample bottle of the producer’s different wines to be showcased)
- Online Masterclass with the winery spokesperson
- Hosted by a Cork & Fork Logan Team Member
- 20% discount on all featured wines (minimum purchase of 3 bottles)
- Access to the online class, password protected (emailed after registration)
- Sample pack available for pick up after online event registration
- Sample pack available for shipping within the USA for $30 via FedEx
About the Producer:
Weingut Stadt Krems was founded in 1452 as a source of revenue for the hospital of Krems and is one of the oldest wineries in Austria. The municipality of Krems still owns the 560-year-old winery and is today one of the best in the region following the arrival of Fritz Miesbauer and his team in 2003. Miesbauer brought sweeping change to the entire operation, from the replanting of vineyards to the modernization of its cellar, and now produces model examples of Grüner Veltliner and Riesling that clearly express variety, vineyard, and soil. Farming practices are ‘Certified Sustainable’ by the Austrian Winegrowers Association, and the Weingut Stadt Krems belongs to the prestigious Traditionsweingüter.