- This event has passed.
Mount Eden: Jeffrey Patterson, Winemaker
September 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Included in your registration:
- Sample bottles (1 sample bottle of the producer’s different wines to be showcased)
- Online Masterclass with the winery spokesperson
- Hosted by a Cork & Fork Logan Team Member
- 20% discount on all featured wines
- Access to the online class, password protected (emailed after registration once samples are ready for pick up)
- Sample pack available for pick up after online event registration
- Sample pack available for shipping within the USA for $30 via FedEx
Two miles up a mostly unpaved, twisty road with corkscrew turns, Mount Eden Vineyards’ estate vineyards and winery are slowly revealed to visitors making the drive up from Saratoga. Similarly, the rich, layered history behind the wine label has been developing over the past 75 years.
Here, perched on a mountaintop 2,000 feet above Silicon Valley, grape grower and winemaker Jeffrey Patterson crafts some of the most exquisite, most critically acclaimed wines in the Santa Cruz Mountains, with a distinct “taste of place” that shows regional character.
Patterson’s first job after graduating from UC Davis’ enology program was at Mount Eden in 1981. Two years later, he took the reins as winemaker. Patterson and his wife, Ellie, have been custodians of the winery’s history and vineyards ever since. He says it took almost a decade to understand the vineyards.
“We had a great vintage in 1990 and that’s when it all started to make sense to me,” Patterson says. “It was almost 10 years before I really felt like I had some control over the quality and made great wine.”