Trespass Winery, Napa: Donny Gallagher, Owner (Kirk Venge, Winemaker)
May 21 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Included in your registration:
- Sample bottles (50ml ea, 1 sample bottle of the producer’s different wines to be showcased)
- Online Masterclass with the winery spokesperson
- Hosted by a Cork & Fork Logan Team Member
- 20% discount on all featured wines (minimum purchase of 3 bottles)
- Access to the online class, password protected (emailed after registration)
- Sample pack available for pick up after online event registration
- Sample pack available for shipping within the USA for $30 via FedEx
Trespass Vineyard wines are the result of a dedicated collaboration between husband and wife, Don and Dana Gallagher, renowned winemaker Kirk Venge and their small vineyard located in the heart of the Napa Valley. Located in the Saint Helena Appellation (AVA) at the base of Spring Mountain, their five acre vineyard has been a true labor of love in every sense.
In the early years Donny did much of the vineyard work himself. This allowed him to “get to know” the vines and how the fruit translated into our wines. His precise nature in maintaining healthy crop levels and observing the cycles of the vineyard have allowed us to harvest grapes at their most optimal moment to create great wines. Working alongside Josh Clark, from Clark Vineyard Management, Donny focused on the details while Josh and his team did the “heavy lifting”. Now days, Josh handles all the day to day work of the vineyard, while Donny continues to oversee the details and collaborate on general vineyard management and direction.
The winemaking is a collaborative effort for the Gallagher’s and is overseen by Kirk Venge and his team. Again, Dana and Donny love being involved in every aspect, from barrel selection to blending. Donny and Kirk review the progress of the wines often and not unlike a chef in the finest restaurant, subtle adjustments to a barrel program or fermentation process are often discussed and implemented. This wonderful partnership has guided the development of the wines into the elegant and refined vintages for which Trespass has become known.